By taking this course, I hope to have a stronger sense not only of how image culture effects our perceptions, but also how they influence our decisions and interests. I think it is important to be conscious of the power of images and iconography in our culture, and am looking forward to learning how this applies to other fields beyond the arts.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Expectations
I am currently in my last semester in the Arts Administration program here at Teachers College. Although my undergraduate background is in art history and film studies, my primary interests have been in the performing arts, specifically dance and theater. I am currently writing my thesis, entitled "Dancing Towards the Future: Audience Development During an Economic Recession," which will discuss several themes of audience engagement, one of which being the growing importance of emerging media and imagery. I am looking forward to learning how the intersection of image culture and new technologies are playing a critical role in developing new audiences for art.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment